Winter Storm Jonas – The Duke Company
Concerns Regarding Winter Storm Jonas? Call The Duke Company for the Best Value on Bagged Salt and Deicers.
Call the Duke Company at 607-347-4455 (Ithaca NY) or 585-292-9870 (Rochester NY).
According to The Weather Channel: “Winter Storm Jonas is kicking off Thursday with an initial round of snow and ice, and will turn into a major snowstorm Friday into the weekend over a large swath of the East Coast. Heavy snow is expected to fall across parts of at least 15 states, with blizzard conditions possible over parts of the Washington D.C., Baltimore and New York City metro areas. Winter Storm Jonas will also feature strong, possibly damaging winds, significant icing and coastal flooding.”
Likewise, Accuweather.com states: “Winds and the rate of snowfall will increase as the storm strengthens. Thunder and lightning could accompany the heavy snow in some locations. An all-out blizzard will unfold from northern Virginia to southwestern Connecticut. White-out conditions will occur farther west from south-central Pennsylvania to part of western North Carolina.
The storm is likely to shut down some highways and could cause some airports to close. Ahead of the storm, Delta Air Lines announced travel waivers for flights through Jan. 24 at 19 different airports in the Northeast and mid-Atlantic region.”
The Duke Company offers a wide range of snow and ice removal supplies (in bag, bulk or pallet), construction equipment rentals (such as ground heaters). The Duke has top rated customer service offering expert advice on winter weather supplies and equipment, as well as construction equipment rentals.
Contact the Duke Company at 585-292-9870 (Rochester NY) and 607-347-4455 (Ithaca NY).
Or we can give you a quick quote via our web portal.
- Comprised of 100% natural Sodium Chloride (NaCL).
- Also known as Halite and Road Salt, is part of the inorganic salt chemical family.
- Crystalline solid is white and off-white, and has no odor.
- Safety note: American Rock Salt complies with the Toxic Substance Control Act.
- Use common sense when handling Rock Salt & Road Salt by wearing eye
protection, breathing protection and avoid contact with your skin.
- While naturally occurring, Rock Salt should NOT be ingested.
- To avoid caking, store Rock Salt in a dry area with less than 75% humidity.
- 100% mined in the USA at the American Rock Salt mine located in Hampton Corners, south of Rochester New York.
Download Helpful Product Information:
We also carry bagged deicers. Such as Mr. Magic Premium Ice Melt Magic:
- Combination of five de-icing compounds for maximum effectiveness
- Environmentally safer: Potassium chloride is known for being environmentally safer than the other chlorides.
- Low temperatures: Magnesium and calcium chlorides are very effective at low temperatures.
- Rock salt: its effectiveness (sodium chloride) is enhanced with a coating of CMA (helping prevent new snow from sticking).
- The orange coloring ensures the proper amount is applied.
- Works to -25˚F
- Mr. Magic® is safe on the environment, on concrete and brick, and for pets, and is faster acting than rock salt.
- Mr. Magic® is a product of The Kissner Group
Download Helpful Product Information: MSDS Material Safety Data Sheet for Mr. Magic®Bag
Since 2004, the Duke Company has proudly been serving Ice Control professionals throughout New York State with exceptional pricing, outstanding ice melter products, prompt delivery and outstanding customer service.
The Duke Company ships nationwide and throughout New York including:
Call the Duke Company at 585-292-9870 (Rochester NY) and 607-347-4455 (Ithaca NY) for all your snow and ice removal needs and information.
Sign-up for the Duke Company’s Rock Salt & Deicer Alerts
Text ‘DUKESALT’ to ’55469’ to receive text messages regarding our hours, extended hours, schedule changes and discount opportunities.
Industries we serve:
Concrete / Redi Mix
Grocery Retail / Wholesale
|Hardware / Home Centers
Hospitals / Nursing Homes
Lawn & Garden Centers
|Parking Lot Maintenance
Schools / Universities
Transportation / Airports
*weather map provided by The Weather Channel