LOOKING FOR REINFORCEMENT BARS AND REBAR?
PINKBAR FIBERGLAS REBAR FOR FLATWORK IS THE PRO GO-TO SOLUTION!
BUILDING SUPPLIES | CONCRETE | CSI 03 2100|
Looking to buy Reinforcement Bars? The Duke Company carries the complete line of PINKBAR Fiberglas Rebar for Flatwork. PINKBAR is expertly manufactured by industry-leader, Owens Corning.
PINKBAR Reinforcement Bars are the Pro’s go-to-solution for leaving the rust, weight and price uncertainty of steel rebar behind. PINKBAR™ Fiberglas™ Rebar for Flatwork is a superior reinforcement material for concrete flatwork applications including parking lots, sidewalks, patios, pool decks and driveways.
Need assistance with Pinkbar Reinforcement Bars? Call The Duke Company’s friendly Building Supplies experts for exceptional customer service and expert advice!
BENEFITS OF PINKBAR Fiberglass Rebar vs. Black Steel Rebar
- 4x Lighter
- 2x Stronger
- Faster Installation: installs like Steel, but faster!
- Rust Free and More Durable
- Lower Cost vs. Black Steel
- Easier to Haul
Applications for PINKBAR Fiberglas Rebar vs. Black Steel Rebar
Pros use PINKBAR™ Fiberglas™ Rebar for Flatwork: use for slab on ground applications such as parking slabs, drive-ways, sidewalks, agricultural flats, and Continuous Reinforcement Concrete Paving (CRCP) for streets. Please note, PINKBAR™ Fiberglas™Rebar is not recommended, nor intended for use as reinforcement for high load-bearing applications such as bridges, parking garages, foundation and basement walls, balconies, or CRCP for heavy state highways.
Handling & Placement of PINKBAR Fiberglas Rebar vs. Black Steel Rebar
For essential handling and placement instructions, please follow the guidelines in ACI440.5-08 “Specification for Construction with FRP Bars.” As an overview, field handling and placement is generally the same as for epoxy or galvanized steel bars. Importantly, you must be careful to NOT shear PINKBAR Fiberglas re bar.
Need to cut PINKBAR Fiberglas Rebar on the job site? Use a fine blade saw, grinder, carborundum or diamond blade.
- Saling the ends of FRP bars is not necessary.
- Support chairs are required at two-thirds the spacing of steel rebar.
- Plastic coated tie wire is the preferred option for most projects.
Standard Bundle Sizes & Storage Instructions for PINKBAR Fiberglas Rebar vs. Black Steel Rebar
- Standard Bundle Sizes: standard bundle sizes containing 20ft lengths.
- Storage Instructions: keep covered and protected from UV exposure until ready for use and placement.
Physical and Mechanical Properties 0f PINKBAR Fiberglas Rebar
|NOMINAL DIAMETER||NOMINAL AREA||F*FU GUARANTEED TENSILE STRENGTH||ULTIMATE TENSILE LOAD||EF TENSILE MODULUS OF ELASTICITY||ULTIMATE STRAIN|
Need assistance in evaluating PINKBAR Fiberglas Rebar for your job site? Call The Duke Company’s friendly Building Supplies experts for exceptional customer service and expert advice!
Contact The Duke Company for Expert Advice & Exceptional Customer Service!
To Reach The Duke Rentals team in Dansville NY, visit or call:
What is the CSI (Construction Specifications Institute) Masterformat??
- The CSI MasterFormat is a coding system for document organization for construction related documents including construction design specifications, contracts, construction documents and other materials.
- The CSI uses specific numbers and titles that make up a universal indexing system.
- MasterFormat is also a publication created and maintained by the Construction Specification Institute (CSI) and Construction Specifications Canada (CSC). Notably, the CSI is widely used in the construction and operation of buildings and systems in many industries and projects, from healthcare and public infrastructure to educational structures and commercial. residential construction.
- Advantages of Using CSI’s MasterFormat:
- Improved communication between project groups, by for example, the design and construction teams. CSI allows all team members to refer to specific sections of any document using the universal coding system. This facilitates coordination and communication between project owners, architects, contractors, and suppliers, minimizing the time spent organizing documents.
For industries with complex operations, such as health care, MasterFormat helps communicate and organize critical operational information among designers, builders, operations managers, and facility owners. In addition, as these and many other industries are increasingly using building information modeling, or BIM, MasterFormat can be used by modeling software to enhance data interoperability and improve BIM adoption.