LOOKING FOR SURFACE RETARDANT FOR AN ARCHITECTURAL FINISH ON EXPOSED AGGREGATE?
SIKA RUGASOL S IS THE PRO’S GO TO SOLUTION !
BUILDING SUPPLIES | CONCRETE | CSI 03 3525|
Looking to buy Surface Retardant for an architectural finish on exposed aggregate? The Duke Company carries Sika Rugasol S – a spray applied, water soluble liquid formulated to retard the set of surface mortar in concrete to enable the aggregate to be exposed. The green color to enable easy visual identification of where it has been applied to ensure a uniform coating.
Sika Rugasol S is a spray applied, water soluble liquid, formulated to retard the set of surface mortar in concrete to enable aggregate to be exposed. Pros use it to obtain an architectural finish on Crete slabs by exposing the natural color and texture of the aggregate. Available in 5 gallon (18.9 liters) pails and 55 gallon (208liters) drums.
Need assistance? Call The Duke Company’s friendly Professional Building Supplies experts for exceptional customer service and expert advice!
Features & Benefits of Sika Rugasol S
- Architectural quality appearance with original color an texture of the aggregate without sandblasting.
- Easy, economical removal of the concrete surface without labor-intensive hacking, chipping or blasting.
- No danger of acid residue from strong washing compounds.
- Easy to apply, less supervision of job site team member and no expensive equipment required.
- Uniform coverage results in uniform aggregate exposure.
- Apply Sika® Rugasol® S with a low pressure spray immediately after screeding when concrete has lost its sheen.
- The normal recommended rate of application of Sika® Rugasol® S is 200 sq. ft. per gallon (4.9 sq. meter per liter).
- All finishing work must be completed prior to the application of Sika Rugasol S.
- Please note, any mechanical floating or finishing after application will produce excessive and irregular depths of retardation.
- Cover with wet burlap or plastic sheet to prevent surface from drying out.
- For an architectural mural finish, seed surface with additional aggregate and float it to the surface before applying Sika Rugasol S.
- Within 12 to 14 hours after application, use a low pressure garden hose and stiff broom to remove the retarded surface mortar.
- Do not use excessive force in removal since this may undermine the exposed aggregate profile.
Effect on High Temperatures
- Accelerating admixtures, heated concrete, steam curing, and hot weather all reduce the effectiveness and dependability of Sika Rugasol S.
Compatibility with Other Admixtures
- Sika Rugasol S is compatible with all admixtures in the Sika product range.
- Sika recommends when using other products that field trials be carried out.
What is the CSI (Construction Specifications Institute) Masterformat?
- The CSI MasterFormat is a coding system for document organization for construction related documents including construction design specifications, contracts, construction documents and other materials.
- The CSI uses specific numbers and titles that make up a universal indexing system.
- MasterFormat is also a publication created and maintained by the Construction Specification Institute (CSI) and Construction Specifications Canada (CSC). Notably, the CSI is widely used in the construction and operation of buildings and systems in many industries and projects, from healthcare and public infrastructure to educational structures and commercial. residential construction.
- Advantages of Using CSI’s MasterFormat:
- Improved communication between project groups, by for example, the design and construction teams. CSI allows all team members to refer to specific sections of any document using the universal coding system. This facilitates coordination and communication between project owners, architects, contractors, and suppliers, minimizing the time spent organizing documents.
For industries with complex operations, such as health care, MasterFormat helps communicate and organize critical operational information among designers, builders, operations managers, and facility owners. In addition, as these and many other industries are increasingly using building information modeling, or BIM, MasterFormat can be used by modeling software to enhance data interoperability and improve BIM adoption.
Contact The Duke Company for Expert Advice & Exceptional Customer Service!
Our team is always available to assist you!
The Duke Company is a leading rental equipment, building supply, construction material & ice control products company in Upstate NY. We have locations in Rochester NY, Ithaca NY, Dansville NY and Auburn NY.
As a locally-owned company, The Duke Company understands your standards of excellence and what it takes for you to serve your customers!
• Hours: Monday – Friday from 7 am – 5 pm EST & Saturday from 8 am – 12 pm EST.
• Address: 299 Jefferson Road, Rochester, NY 14623
Rochester Salt Facility: (585) 292-9870
• Hours: Monday – Friday from 7 am – 5 pm EST.
• Address:480 Grant Avenue, Auburn, NY 13021